Find The Hunt of Her Life on: Like it on: Join us on:

Canine Corner: The latest pet products


Dog products made from bamboo

Those who are passionate about the environment may want to look into a new line of dog products made entirely from bamboo fibers.

Wagging Green's bamboo collection includes collars, T-shirts, harnesses, dog tags and martingale collars and leashes, the Melborune, Florida, company states on its Web site.

Wagging Green says it uses all natural, non-dyed organic bamboo to ensure that nothing but natural is next to the pet's skin. The bamboo fiber in the products is biodegradable, contains no pesticides or fertilizers and is anti-bacterial. All products are hand-sewn in North America, the company says.

New frozen doggie dessert is all organic

In response to the pet food recall that sickened and killed many dogs, a Pennsylvania couple has created a new doggie dessert.

Mike and Linda Drei of Fairview Township are producing Frozen Woofys, an all-natural frozen dog treat, the Daily Record of York, Pennsylvania, reports.
Barkin Berry, a blend of organic bananas and strawberries, and Banana Rama Ding Dog, a mix of organic bananas and peanut butter, are the two flavors that can be found in stores across Central Pennsylvania and the Charlotte, N.C.-metro area.

The couple had a nutritionist run tests on samples to make sure the products are healthy for dogs. "The nutritionist told me humans should be eating them," Linda Drei said.

Frozen Woofys are packaged in Earth-friendly biodegradable cups made from corn plastic.

Dog rain jacket made with Polartec

A Maine company has introduced a rain jacket for dogs that contains Polartec fabrics.

The jacket, produced by My Good Dog of Portland, is lighter and more flexible than traditional fleece and shell systems. It has Velcro chest and belly straps for an adjustable fit, is machine washable and comes in nine sizes.

Unlike previous jackets that use a two-layer system, this jacket's Polartec shield uses a single layer with a nylon face that protects against all weather conditions, the company states on its Web site. The jacket blocks 98 percent of the wind, while the remaining 2 percent of the air is allowed to circulate within the fabric to make it breathable.

First-aid gel and ear wash are organic

A California company is making first-aid gel and ear wash for dogs that are organic.

The first-aid gel contains Arnica and St. John's Wort, both known for soothing, healing and anti-bacterial qualities, Juno's Garden of Pacifica, California, states on its Web site. The grease-less gel relieves pain from abrasions, cuts, burns, bug bites and stings and broken toenails. It also contains Bach Rescue Remedy flower essence blend for treating shock and calming animals in pain.

The ear wash contains aloevera, witch hazel, geranium and calendula oils for cleaning and odor, the company states. The wash is especially handy for older dogs, those prone to infection, swimmers and all floppy ear breeds.

New supplements made for specific pet needs

A New Jersey company has introduced a new line of vitamin supplements made for specific needs and conditions that dogs and cats may encounter as they progress through life.

Vitamin Shoppe, a retailer of nutritional products based in North Bergen, New Jersey, is now selling Optimal Pet at its 360 company-owned retail stores.

Optimal Pet offerings include supplements specifically made for maintaining healthy joint function, supporting skin and coat health, promoting immune health, urinary tract health and maintaining healthy behavior, the company states on its Web site.

Book sets signed by the author available here!

THE HUNT HER LIFE BOOK SERIES: Order your set signed by author Joseph A. Reppucci! The Original will touch your heart and the Sequel will lift your soul. *The Hunt of Her Life signed book series sets are only available to U.S. customers.

Signed Set
*The Hunt of Her Life signed book series sets are only available to U.S. customers.

Holiday discount Book Sets

THE HUNT HER LIFE BOOK SET (unsigned) is offered for a limited time each year at a special holiday discount rate of 25% off. The discount applies to orders received from November 1 through December 24.

Holiday Discount Set
*The Hunt of Her Life holiday discount sets are only available to U.S. customers.

Find The Hunt of Her Life on Amazon

Get the Original Book | Get the Sequel Book