- Publication Date: August 1, 2011
- ISBN/EAN13: 1456385720/9781456385729
- Page Count: 140
- Binding Type: US Trade Paper
- Trim Size: 5.5" x 8.5"
- Language: English
- Color: Full Color
- Categories: General/Pets and Dogs
- Publisher: Createspace.com, a division of Amazon.com
- List Price: $29.99
- A thoughtful story for pet enthusiasts: Those who love pets will appreciate the deep bond shared between this unwanted rescue dog and the book's author. Their unique closeness helps Samantha to twice defy certain death.
- A warm story for mothers: Moms will be touched by the relationship that the author has with his own mother. Their connection helps him to overcome many frustrations and deal with overwhelming odds in his suspenseful nationwide "hunt" to try to locate the unknown birthplace and family roots of his unregistered rescue dog after she eventually succumbs to illness.
- A riveting story for those who enjoy suspense: Readers who like suspense will be intrigued and fascinated by the crafty investigative journalism techniques the author uses to try to uncover his dog's family tree.
- A spiritual story for everyone: Everyone will be in awe as they come to realize that God all along has been providing a guiding hand in Samantha's journey through life and astonished when they ultimately learn about the mystical gift at the end of this rescue dog's trail.
Joseph A. Reppucci of Lexington, Massachusetts, is the publisher of MySetterSam.com, an independent website that provides news and information about dogs. He frequently writes about animal abuse and rescue, because he believes transparency is always the best disinfectant. He also writes about other pet topics such as adoption, behavior, health, medicine and safety. Mr. Reppucci has worked as a reporter and editor on major daily newspapers in the Greater Boston area for more than 30 years. He currently works at The Patriot Ledger of Quincy, a GateHouse Media newspaper. He is a graduate of Lexington High School and of Suffolk University in Boston.
"A wonderful journey made all the more remarkable by the determination of the author to honor his beloved English Setter and her bloodline. Twist after twist, turn after turn, you're never let down as The Hunt of Her Life proceeds toward its uplifting conclusion. Vivid photos complement the intelligent narrative. Don't forget the tissues, but don't worry - there's plenty to smile about, too."
The Patriot Ledger of Quincy, Mass.
''The book is terrific! Wonderfully written, and I loved looking at those magnificent color photographs. This book really moved me, and I couldn't put it down. I don't own a dog, but I was inspired by this compelling rescue dog's story."
Nebraska Life magazine
Hingham, Mass., Journal